Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fill the Void, Part II


FILL THE VOID WITH TED TALKS

As previously posted, it has been very important for me to fill the silence in my life – especially in those first few months following my divorce and separation.

Recommended to me by a friend as something to fill the void, I quickly have become obsessed with TED talks.  TED – TECHNOLOGY, ENTERTAINMENT AND DESIGN (note - learned that from Mr. Intellect) offer short talks on topics of all sorts. 

I like TED talks for a few reasons.  First, they are very informative and appeal to my craving for knowledge.  Second, they are generally pretty short – less than twenties minutes and are perfect for when I am showering, cleaning, or playing with my puppy.   Third, I am wildly impressed by the public speaking ability of these individuals.  At a minimum, it sets a standard for communicating an idea to a large audience and it is amazing the passion these people bring to the table. 

Below is my list of my top ted talks to combat unhappiness and to offer inspiration.  I am constantly listening to TED talks and updating my new favorites.  I’ve listened to each talk more than once and even went through a phase where I listened to (1), (2), and (3) every day for a few weeks.  The words not only offered comfort but they also offered solutions and inspiration. 

MY TOP 10 TED TALKS

1.      Learning to Live by Stephanie Snyder (check youtube – amazing!)

2.      Love Letters to Strangers by Hannah Brencher

3.      All it takes in 10 mindful minutes by Andy Puddicombe

4.      Looks aren’t everything by Cameron Russell

5.      Listening to shame by Brene Brown

6.      The power of vulnerability by Brene Brown

7.      Tales of passion by Isabel Allende

8.      The opportunity of adversity by Aimee Mullins

9.      Living beyond Limits by Amy Purdy

10.  Happiness in body and soul by Eve Ensler

 

Hope you enjoy.  Please let me know if you enjoyed the TED talks too or have any other favorites for your time of sadness. 

P.s. there are also such fascinating topics available on TED talks especially related to health, farming, and the alarming problem of bees.*

*plant more bee friendly gardens and listen to a talk about bees;)

No comments:

Post a Comment