Thursday, September 26, 2013

ABOUT ME



            I am young, single, divorced, and on the perpetual hope for happiness.  This is my blog about what it’s like to live in the city, return to the dating world, and recover from a broken heart. 
I am currently in the second half of my twenties, inching closer and closer to the inevitable thirty.  I returned to Philadelphia for graduate school and live in center city with my fabulous puppy.

I was married young and divorced shortly thereafter.  Despite the shortness of my marriage, the treacherous heartbreak I felt was debilitating for some time.  As time has passed and wounds have healed, I realize my story is not that unique and I hope this blog can be a resource for similar people who have struggled through divorce.  Many friends and family tried to comfort me repeatedly saying that “with no kids and no house” my divorce was really a glorified break-up.  Unfortunately, this felt so far from a break up and really shattered my core.  I hope my story helps brings comfort to others during times of heartache and/or divorce.

            I’ve recently returned to the dating world.  After being separated from my ex for over 18 months, the time has come for me to really get back on the saddle.  Prepare yourself readers, I prepare to share the good, the bad, and the ugly of dating in a city.  For the first time in my life, I am ready to date and really get back out on the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment